If your home is small and you want to increase its area then you can do this by adding a pergola deck to anyone wall of house from outside. It is very easy to build a deck pergola outside your home for that you just have to choose the wall to start.
- First you have to build a frame around the perimeter of deck. To make it stronger and secure you need lag bolts which are attached to stringers of the deck post where as you have to place floor joist in between stringer.
- Then you need metal joist hangers by the help of which floor joist are attached to stringer structure.
- Then you have to attach these deck floor joists to 6×6 posts. You have to attach hanger to each end of the floor joist and recessed the thickness of a 5/4 floor board.
- After the frame is completed now you are able to put deck boards on the floor for which you have to start putting them from the side of your house towards the edge of the deck.
- Now you have to make a railing for deck which you have to make separately on the floor and after completion you have to attach it to the sides of your deck pergola.
- At last you are finished with a pergola deck now you can use it in any way you want to by making it room, mini garden, hot tub, lounge or whatever. By this simple trick you can increase the area of you house.
Below are inspiring deck pergola design ideas: